We love kids! Dr. Therese Murphy is a Temecula family dentist who understands the unique needs of children and their families and provides pediatric dentistry services for healthy smiles and good dental habits.
As a mother herself, she strives to provide child-friendly care in a manner that’s convenient to your busy schedule. Why go anywhere else, when the entire family is welcome at our conveniently located practice?
Pediatric Dentistry: Prevention Is Key
Dr. Murphy works with parents early on to create a preventive care plan that reduces the risk of childhood caries (tooth decay) and pediatric dental emergencies. Some of the ways we do this are through providing:
- Dental Exams and Teeth Cleanings - Children’s teeth decay at a much faster rate than adult teeth do. Frequent checkups allow us to screen for potential decay or problems that may be possible to avoid.
- Fluoride Treatments - Prescription fluoride treatments encourage healthy tooth development and make enamel more resistant to cavities. We recommend an application after each cleaning.
- Dental Sealants - Thin, protective sealants help to block out cavity-causing bacteria in the deep grooves of recently erupted permanent molars. Plus, they’re almost always covered by insurance.
- Custom Mouthguards - If your child is involved in athletic activities, a custom mouthguard can guard them against chipped, broken teeth and even concussions.
- Orthodontic Assessments - Screening for bite irregularities at an early age can make interceptive treatments more effective. Plus, we’ll work with you to eliminate habits such as thumb sucking.
- Emergency Dentist - Toothaches are no laughing matter, especially when it’s your child in pain. Our Temecula office is always here for emergency dental needs, whether it’s day or night.
Most medical and pediatric dental providers recommend bringing your child in for a dental checkup when his or her first tooth erupts, or around the time of their first birthday. Call Temecula Ridge Dentistry today to schedule your son or daughter’s first visit with us! We’re open on Saturdays.
Our dental office provides Temecula and Murrieta families with comprehensive restorative dentistry care in a gentle manner and customized for each patient.